Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza
For the Crust:
- Gluten free pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted (Earth Balance)
For the Streusel:
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegan vegetable shortening (Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix together streusel ingredients with a fork, or your clean hands, then side aside.
- To make pizza, pat dough into a 12 inch pizza pan that has been sprayed with oil. Perforate pizza dough with a fork (this keeps bubbles from forming), then brush with 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter. Sprinkle cinnamon all around buttered crust. Top pizza crust with streusel mix.
- Bake at 460º F for 8 to 9 minutes depending on the thickness of the pizza. Mix icing ingredients until it is of a drizzle consistency. If it is too thick, then thin with a small amount of milk until you have reached your desired thinness.
- When finished baking, top with icing in a circular pinwheel pattern. Cut up and enjoy!
FINALLY I a yummy cookie pizza recipe using gluten free rice chex!
Chex Cookie Pizza
Here is a sweet pizza treat that is fun to decorate and eat! You can use your favorite candy to decorate your pizza! Use different chocolates, nuts and miniature candy bars to make it just the way you like it!
- 4 cups Gluten Free Rice Chex cereal. (Rice, Cinnamon or Honey Nut or for a chocolate crust Chocolate Chex!)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup miniature gluten free semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped honey-roasted peanuts, if desired
- 1 or 2 rolls Fruit Roll-Ups chewy fruit snack (any red variety), unwrapped, torn into pieces
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin.
- In large bowl, mix sugars, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and egg. Stir in crushed cereal. Spread in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. (You want to watch the crust because if its overcooked it will be very crunchy!
- Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows to within 1 inch of edge. Bake 5 minutes longer or until marshmallows are light golden brown.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, peanuts and fruit snack pieces over marshmallows to look like pizza toppings. Cool completely on cooling rack. Cut into 16 wedges. Store tightly covered.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.