Alright ladies. Football is mostly dominated by men but women throw THE BEST parties! We’ve got style, energy, grace and creativity to spare. So throwing a SUPER Super Bowl party is right up our alley! Are you ready for some football?!!
So how DO you throw a Super Super Bowl Party? Whether you’re watching this year’s Super Bowl because you love football, love the commercials, wanna get up and dance during halftime or love looking at some cute football players, a good party requires three things: food, drinks and friends.
This year’s match up is between is between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. Since their colors are very similar decorating will be a breeze! Anything red, blue or white will be perfect! Different color plates, cups and napkins keep it simple yet cute all at the same time. Streamers and balloons can also be fun!
Let’s see. You’ve got the buffalo chicken wings. You’ve got chips and dip. You’ve got some yummy party mix on hand. What about something sweet? How about strawberries and marshmallows. Not individually but together. (though mini marshmallows and strawberries will work) I’m talking about Tortured Strawberries! (Strawberries in Bruleed Marshmallow Creme!)
Tortured Strawberries! (Strawberries in Bruleed Marshmallow Crème)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed and dried
- Add egg whites and sugar to the stainless steel mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Using whisk attachment, whisk on medium-high speed until sugar is incorporated and whites form soft peaks, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in cream of tartar, vanilla and salt. Whisk on high speed for about a minute or so. Crème is done when it’s glossy and holding stiff peaks.
- Dip and swirl a strawberry into crème. Using a blowtorch (or gas burner, if you are using skewers), brown crème as desired. Place on serving plate (or in mouth!) and serve immediately.
Another great party food…FONDUE! Check out my post on Caramel Fondue!
Now you’ve got the theme and the food down! Gather your gang and get ready to cheer on your favorite team! Happy Partying!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.