You gotta have a snack for Puppy Bowl VIII! How about some Puppy Chow?
Puppy Chow aka Chex Muddy Buddies combines crunchy Chex with chocolate and peanut butter! It’s pretty doggone good! 🙂
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Chocolate Chex and Honey Nut Chex cereal (you want a combination of all of them 2 1/4 cups of each)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and vegan butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Pour into favorite snack bowl and chow down.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator. (I doubt there will be any leftovers!)