The New York Giants won the Super Bowl XLVI with a score of 21–17.
Even though I am a Jet fan, I am celebrating tonight as a New Yorker. Plus cupcakes and football = fun so we all win! 🙂
To celebrate the Giants Super Bowl victory, Blue Velvet Giants Superbowl Cupcakes!
Super Bowl XLVI New York Giant Champion Cupcakes
- 1 box gluten free white or yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cups canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 bottles blue food coloring
- 1 toothpick full violet food coloring gel/paste
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cups vegan butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk
- red nonpareils
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Mix cake mix, cocoa powder, eggs, oil and buttermilk together, starting with 30 seconds on low speed, then increasing to medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add in food coloring and beat for 1 minute more until totally blue and combined.
- Pour into 2 muffin tins lined with baking cups. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 16 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the vegan butter.
- Add in sugar, 1 cup at a time, thinning out with milk as necessary. Beat in vanilla.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes
- Serve and enjoy!
Congratulations New York Giants!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney. (And proud to be a New Yorker!)