I am a snacker. I love to snacks. But of course you have to be careful with the snacks you eat because you can ruin your dinner (as my mother would say). Healthy snacks are always good and fruit snacks are the perfect healthy snack. I am quit fond of fruit snacks myself. They are great for traveling, at the gym for a quick energy boost or for just something sweet.
Here is a recipe for homemade fruit snacks!
Gummy Fruit Snacks
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (apple, cranberry, blueberry, whatever!)
- 2 envelopes gelatin (1 envelope = 2 1/2 tsp)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the berries and water. Bring to a boil and cook until berries are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree berries until smooth. Return to pot. Add applesauce and return to a boil, then remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle gelatin over fruit juice and let stand one minute. Add hot fruit mixture and stir until gelatin completely dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour into 8 x 8 inch glass or ceramic baking dish (or into molds, if you want to do that and have some molds).
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Cut into blocks or shapes. (Shapes are more fun 🙂 )
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.