Clementines are sweet and delicious and such a quick healthy snack. What if we jazzed it up a little bit? Candied clementines are simple yet so elegant.
- 8 whole clementines, peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec, or fresh orange juice
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Arrange clementines in a wide shallow bowl or 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish, pulling the tops of each clementine’s segments slightly apart without detaching the bottoms – like opening up the petals of a flower.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and lemon juice over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is clear. Remove from heat and stir in orange liqueur. Cool 15 minutes or until syrup is lukewarm.
- Pour syrup over clementines, making sure each are very well coated.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Place 2 clementines in serving goblet or glass, drizzle some syrup over and top with a mint spring.
Sweet and simple. ENJOY!