Homemade fruit snacks! They are delicious, simple and good for you! Yep, GOOD FOR YOU! That’s something that is sure to make you smile! (It made me smile 🙂 )
Pumpkin Pie Fruit Roll Ups
These fruit roll ups take EIGHT hours to “bake” SO it is best to start this recipe early in the morning! It is well worth the eight hours of baking really low.
- 2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 tablespoons good gluten free honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- In a medium to large stockpot add diced apples and water. Bring to a boil. Add in lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until apples start to turn to sauce and can be mashed easily with a fork.
- Using an immersion blender (or cooling slightly and using a regular blender or food processor) blend until smooth.
- Add in pumpkin purée, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon mat. Spread the purée 1/8″ to a 1/4″ thick on top of the lined sheet. Shake the pan to even things out.
- Bake at 150° F for approximately 8 hours until purée no longer feels gummy (it will still have a sticky quality and be pliable). Allow to cool slightly.
- Roll fruit and parchment backing into a long tube. Cut into portions. If you used a silicon mat, transfer fruit to plastic wrap before rolling. Store in airtight containers or zip-top bags until ready to eat.
I know what you’re thinking. EIGHT HOURS IS A LONG TIME! But it will be well worth the wait. It’s delicious and good for you! 🙂