Well it’s the day after Valentine’s Day. Are you off of your sugar high or still calming down from all the sweet deliciousness of chocolates, caramels and toffees? I think it’s time we mix it up a little bit after all that chocolate and enjoy some fruity goodness! What do you say? Are you in? Hopefully you are! Let’s get to it!
Watermelon Mojito Popsicles
I know it’s not spring yet but hey, we can plan ahead!
- 3 1/2 cups cubed watermelon
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons agave (or you can sweeten them with regular sugar)
- 1/2 lime
- 2 oz. light rum (use your favorite)
- 1/2 cup club soda
- In a large mixing bowl, muddle the watermelon and mint together until the watermelon is a juice consistency with some small chunks. Once it’s fully muddled, remove the muddled mint.
- Add the 3 tablespoons agave (or sugar), 2 ounces rum and squeeze the 1/2 lime into the watermelon juice.
- Pour half of the mixture into a cocktail shaker… unless you have a shaker large enough for all of the watermelon. Shake until combined and put into a separate bowl with a spout. Do the same with the other half of the juice.
- Add the club soda to the shaken juice and stir.
- Fill the popsicle tray up and add a skewer (cut to size) in the center.
- To garnish, place a small mint leaf in each of the popsicles.
- Time for the freezer! These will need to freeze overnight because of the rum. They also melt a little faster, so make sure you serve them with a napkin!