Thai food is one of my new favorite because a lot of the dishes are make with rice noodles which are gluten free. I have been to a few great Thai places and I always get something I enjoy. Shrimp is one of my favorite seafoods and if you add a little coconut and some spices, it becomes an instant interesting dish!
Thai Coconot Curry Shrimp
The sweetness of coconut milk which compliments the spiciness of the red curry paste in this simple dish. Serve this over jasmine rice for a complete meal. If you’ve never used fish sauce before, don’t let the smell fool you. It blends with the other flavors and really adds to this dish
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 oz light coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro,chopped
- salt to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- Add scallion whites and red curry paste and sauté one minute.
- Add shrimp and garlic,season with salt and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk,fish sauce and mix well.
- Simmer about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and cilantro.
- Serve over jasmine rice (my favorite!) or a side of rice noodles.