I had this oatmeal this morning and it was delicious! It’s very easy to make. Oatmeal is a great vehicle to add flavor and texture.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal
It is almost like a peanut butter pudding. If you would like, you don’t have to put it in the blender. But to make it smooth, definitely blend away.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten free of course)
- 1 cup milk of choice (rice is my favorite but coconut is also really good. Almond, soy whatever you would like)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a dash cinnamon
- a dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 a banana (a nice ripe banana is better of course)
- 2 tablespoona peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sugar to sweeten (if you prefer – I like sugar in my oatmeal)
- optional: chocolate chips or raisins or both if you would like
- Cook the oats, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and milk on your stove. What I do is put the milk in, then the oats
- Meanwhile, blend the peanut butter and banana.
- Add vanilla, sugar, and the cooked oats to the blender and re-blend.
- Serve a big bowl and top with the rest of the banana.
I hope you enjoy!