S’mores. Classic camping dessert. You bring the tent, I will bring the s’more ingredients. S’more are probably my favorite part of camping. I am an indoors girl. Don’t get me wrong, camping is cool. But I’m definitely not an all the time camper. Once or twice is nice. But I digress. What is ALWAYS delicious and fun all the time are s’mores! Here is a great little cookie that takes all of you campfire favorites and, well puts them in a cookie!!
These cookies truly are the best of both worlds; they are chewy like a cookie and crunchy like a s’more. However, unlike true s’mores you don’t have to have great weather or a fire pit. All you need are s’more ingredients! and LOTS of them because people will gobble these up just as fast as they do s’mores, maybe even faster.
- 1 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- gluten free graham crackers (Kinnikinnick makes some tasty “Smoreable” Graham Crackers)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet/cookie sheet with wax paper. Place graham cracker squares on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together vegan butter and sugar until incorporated.
- In a small bowl beat thoroughly eggs and vanilla and add to creamed butter and sugar.
- To that mixture add the gluten free flour, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Stir until all the ingredients are very well incorporated.
- With a dough scooper or a spoon, place dough onto graham cracker squares.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes (after 11 minutes, the graham cracker will burn, and you definitely do not want burned graham crackers)
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ahh! All the tastes of a s’mores without having to build a fire!
Rain or shine. Hot or cold. ENJOY!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.