5 Ingredient Cocoa Shake
This ultra creamy, silky smooth 5 Ingredient Cocoa Shake is the perfect way to treat yourself. Though the taste and texture will remind you of a true ice cream milkshake – the ingredients are dairy free, vegan and filled with nutrients. Think bananas, vanilla, rich cocoa and a hint of creamy peanut butter. So not only will you be indulging in a decadent dessert drink – but you will be feeding your body some good stuff! Energizing nutrients like potassium, antioxidants, protein, healthy fats and fiber. Sustain the energy for your day with this sip! Kid friendly and it’s quick and easy to make!!
- 2 frozen bananas, pre-sliced before freezing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure cocoa powder (unsweetened, dairy-free)
- 1 cup vanilla non-dairy milk (soy, almond, rice, or coconut)
- Sugar (to taste)
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- Place all ingredients in the blender. (Blend in a high power blender for best results).
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne.
- Replace some of the non-dairy milk with soy creamer or add in one scoop of vegan ice cream for a richer flavor.
- Coconut shreds.
- Ice cubes for a more frosty, icy texture.
- Add some instant coffee for a mocha flavor.