Pancake Day! Make some DELICIOUS gluten free pancakes!!
Many celebrate today with rolled thin pancakes topped with caster sugar(powdered) a dash of lemon juice and a dollop of jelly or jam
Five Food Facts about Shrove Tuesday
1. Throughout Europe most people celebrate Shrove Tuesday with pancakes
2. Pancakes are associated with the day before lent because it was a way to use up “rich foods” such as eggs, milk, & sugar, before the 40 days fast begins
3. The word ‘shrove’ refers to an old English word shrive meaning ‘confess’
4. Most people call today Mardi Gras, which in French means Fat Tuesday. Marking seven weeks before Easter Day.
5. In Iceland they celebrate today with salted meats, fish, and peas. Known as Sprengidagur (Bursting Day)