Here comes the Top 10 Mardi Gras Cocktails!! I’ll do them in pairs. 4 more posts to go! :D
The classic Mardi Gras cocktail–serve in Hurricane glasses.
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup light rum (Malibu is my favorite and super versatile)
- 1 cup passion fruit flavored syrup
- 4 cups lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage (Sprite and 7-Up work the best)
- 1/4 pound lime juice
- 1/2 cup 151 proof rum
- In a shaker, combine ice, light rum, passion fruit syrup, lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage and lime juice.
- Shake well and pour mixture into a Hurricane or other large specialty glass.
- Float the 151 proof rum on top of the drink.
Storm of the Century Hurricane
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Potato: Chopin, Teton Glacier, Monopolowa, Vikingfjord, Luksosowa
- Grape: Cîroc, Bombora
- 1/4 cup gin
- 1/4 cup Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- 1/4 cup triple sec liqueur
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- orange slices for garnish
- maraschino cherry for garnish
- Fill a hurricane glass with ice.
- Add light rum, dark rum, coconut rum, vodka, gin, raspberry liqueur, triple sec and orange juice.
- Shake gently, and garnish with orange slices and a cherry, if desired. Beverage will be about the color of a pink grapefruit.
Ready for some more!! Stay tuned!!
ALWAYS DRINK RESPONSIBLY!