Last installment of the taste of New Orleans Mardi Gras drinks. These drinks are excellent for that perfect beach day. I need to move somewhere there is no snow and always sand between my toes!
Coconut rum and pineapple juice are featured in this slushy drink.
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup coconut-flavored rum
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 cups crushed ice
- pineapple slices for garnish
- Combine regular rum, rum with coconut flavoring, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed ice in an electric blender.
- Blend until the drink’s consistency is slushy.
- Pour in glasses and garnish with some pineapple slices.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups strong brewed black tea
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey (Bourbon – Makers Mark is a gluten free bourbon)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- In a large bowl or container, mix together the orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, pineapple juice, sugar, tea, and whiskey. Transfer to shallow bowls or dishes, and freeze overnight.
- Remove the frozen mixture from the freezer and let stand for about 10 minutes. Chop with a wire whisk or potato masher to make a slushy consistency. Place scoops of the frozen slush into glasses, and top off with the lemon-lime flavored soda.
REMEMBER TO DRINK RESPONSIBLY ALL OF THE TIME!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.