Put together a flavor fiesta in no time! Tacos are perfect for an easy weeknight meal!
Southwest Shrimp Tacos
- 10 to 12 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp (21/25 count)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 to 20 (8-inch) soft taco-size gluten free corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Lime wedges
- Soak skewers in water 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
- Toss shrimp with hot sauce and next 4 ingredients. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Grill tortillas 1 minute on each side or until warmed.
- Combine cabbage and carrots. Remove shrimp from skewers just before serving. Serve shrimp in warm tortillas with cabbage mixture and lime wedges.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.