Benihanas is one of my favorite places to eat. I can request my meal not be made with soy sauce and all is right with the world!! We’ll now I can recreate that DELICIOUS fried rice at my house!!
Benihana Style Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 ounces cooked chicken
- 8 ounces steamed rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons gluten free soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 6 pinches pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat a wok with a little bit of oil until very hot. Crack the eggs into the wok.
- Scramble eggs very well. (They should be a little bit brown)
- Saute chopped onion, green onion, seasoning and carrots in the oil until done and mix with chopped scrambled egg and chicken.
- Break off chunks of steamed rice and mix with vegetable, egg and chicken.
- Add sesame seed, minced garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Add vegan butter and gluten free soy sauce into the mixture, stirring well until done.
Hmmm…this maybe what I’m having for dinner tomorrow! But with a fork (I still haven’t mastered chopstick…one day…ONE DAY!)
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.