Caramel Apple & White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars. A mouthful yes. A mouthful of tasty!! (See what I did there). You’ll enjoy these. Peanut butter and apples go so well together. So does caramel and apples. White chocolate is delicious, well…with a LOT of things! With the edition of oats, these bars are sure to be a hit!
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 2 cup gluten free rolled oats (not the quick cook ones)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup apples, diced & peeled
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or regular dark/semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips if you don’t like white chocolate…but I REALLY suggest using white chocolate)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan with foil and then spray foil with non-stick vegetable baking spray. Set aside.
- Combine applesauce, peanut butter, vegan butter in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine them.
- Then add oats, sugars, cinnamon,ginger and nutmeg, and vanilla extract and stir.
- Then fold in diced apples and white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter (it will be pretty moist) into a foil-lined and spayed 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes. The bars may still look underdone, but that’s ok because they will continue to set up as they cool.
- They will be bubbling rapidly upon removing them from the oven. Let the bubbling stop (about 5 minutes) and then carefully drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the bars. Allow bars to to cool very well before slicing. (if you are in a hurry to bite into the deliciousness, pop in the freezer for 15-30 minutes)
- Store extras in the freezer for long term storage.
These are one of the many perfect taste combinations. The bars are like the perfect brownie: chewy edges with soft middles, and dense (not cakey, airy, or light). Plus brown sugar makes everything more caramely and chewier and gives baked goods that sink-your-teeth-into-it texture, which is always a bonus.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.