What?! EVERYDAY chocolate cake!? YES! This recipe reminds me a LOT of Enteman’s loaf cake which my dad and I would devour whenever it was in the house. Everyday chocolate is a very extra special treat and will definitely make you smile.
A cake that you can have without much guilt and without much fuss! YEA they exist and this one is it!
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond, coconut or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter)
- 3/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder (Hershey’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 325ºF. Take a loaf pan that is 9 by 5 inch and grease or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat well.Mix the vanilla and buttermilk. Beat well to mix in.
- Sift the flour,cocoa,soda,baking powder and salt directly into this wet mixture.
- Stir everything together using a wooden/silicone spatula until everything is mixed well.
- Pour this batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for a few minutes before you transfer onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve it as it is with some powdered sugar dusted on top or with some whipped cream.