Want a fun tangy drink for everyone to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out this lime slush!
Lucky Leprechaun Lime Slush
Sweet, tangy and non-alcoholic! Great for a St. Patrick’s Day party, or a day at the parade! It would go great in green tumblers!
- 1 quart lime sherbet , softened
- ½ cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans lemon-lime soda , chilled (Sprite, 7-Up etc…)
- 1 -2 cup crushed ice
In a blender, blend sherbet, limeade and sugar. Pour in soda and ice. Blend into smooth.
Pour into glasses. Garnish if desired.
Chocolate chips cookies with a little twist and of course some GREEN GREEN GREEN!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour (Better Batter or Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (only if using Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz. pkg. Nestle mint chocolate chips
- 6 oz. pkg chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- green gel food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine butter, sugars, vanilla extract, mint extract and green gel food coloring; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs.
- Slowly add flour, mixing together. Stir in chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack completely.
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies! With a little mint extract and mint chocolate chips, these are sure to be a HIT! ENJOY!
Woo! 4 more days until St. Patrick’s Day! Get ready to see a LOT of green here on TwentyOne No Glue! First Shamrock Pancakes!
Nothing fancy here, simply add green gel food coloring to your favorite pancake recipe. Cook as normal, stack em’ up and serve! My favorite gluten free pancake mix, Betty Crocker!
- 1 cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- green gel food coloring until you get the desired green color
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F. Grease griddle with vegetable oil or vegan butter if necessary.
- In large bowl, stir all ingredients until well blended.
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
SIMPLE! Green! For an extra pop, sprinkle green sprinkles and powdered sugar on top!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.