Woo! 4 more days until St. Patrick’s Day! Get ready to see a LOT of green here on TwentyOne No Glue! First Shamrock Pancakes!
Nothing fancy here, simply add green gel food coloring to your favorite pancake recipe. Cook as normal, stack em’ up and serve! My favorite gluten free pancake mix, Betty Crocker!
- 1 cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- green gel food coloring until you get the desired green color
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F. Grease griddle with vegetable oil or vegan butter if necessary.
- In large bowl, stir all ingredients until well blended.
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
SIMPLE! Green! For an extra pop, sprinkle green sprinkles and powdered sugar on top!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.