We’ve got our sweets for St. Patrick’s Day. We have our Irish Soda Bread. But I feel like we are missing something. Maybe a potato recipe? Of course! These baked french fries have some basil for that touch of green that you can’t leave out on St. Patrick’s Day. Plus they are baked so they are better for you! Preheat that oven and let’s get to it!
- 2 lb fresh russet potatoes (about 2 large)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Toss potatoes with mixture.
- Spray foil with cooking spray. Place potatoes on cookie sheet in single layer. Bake 15 minutes; turn potatoes, and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until tender.
French fries are so easy, delicious and the perfect lunch or dinner side. Eat by themselves or your favorite dipping sauce.