I’ve been craving toffee and chocolate – a wonderful combination. Especially the toffee from Azure Chocolat! (It is delicious and what I will be using for this recipe!) Check out my Azure Chocolat review! (Seriously if you are on Long Island GO HERE!) OK, let’s get to the recipe!
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 19.8 – 21 ounce package brownie mix (Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix)
- All ingredients called for to make the brownies
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces (Azure Chocolat toffee) or your favorite toffee
- 2 – 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee crystals
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting (Betty Crocker)
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur or coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup toffee pieces (Azure Chocolat toffee)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending the foil up and over the edges of the pan. Grease foil very well (Earth Balance Vegan Butter works well); set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, except stir the 1/2 cup toffee pieces and the espresso powder into batter. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove baked mixture from pan by lifting foil. Make sure your brownies are cooled COMPLETELY before you frost them – a cool brownie is a happy brownie!🙂
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla frosting and liqueur.
- Spread frosting mixture onto cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup toffee pieces. Cut into bars.
- Serve with rice whipped cream and your favorite gluten free ice cream! (or non-dairy ice cream)
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.