Mmmm rocky road ice cream. The chocolate. The marshmallows. Oh and who couldn’t forget the sweet crunch of the nuts? Ice cream is a great inspiration of other desserts including cookies! So put down the spoon and have some rocky road with your fingers. Licking the melted marshmallows off your hands is completely expected and totally fine.
Adapted from Fifteen Spatulas.
Oooh did I mention this is a FLOURLESS cookie?! YUP!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 ounces toasted almonds
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- First, toast almonds if you do not have toasted almonds. To toast almonds, heat oven to 350ºF and place almonds on foil lined baking sheet and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (if you already had toasted almonds) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in salt.
- Add egg whites and vanilla and whisk until combined and batter is smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop, portion out 12 cookies on each baking sheet.
- Place 4-5 marshmallows on top of each cookie.
- Place the baking sheets in the freezer for 5 minutes (or fridge for 10-15 minutes) to chill cookies to prevent them from spreading too much in the oven.
- Bake cookies for 12-13 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for at least 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
MMM!! You are welcome chocolate lovers :)
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.