Hello Spring! A sangria is one of the best springtime/summertime drinks! The basil gives this drink that little extra something!
- ½ lb of fresh strawberries
- 1 apple (fuji is my favorite but you can use any of your favorite sweet apple)
- 1 ounce of fresh whole basil leaves
- 1 bottle of your favorite white wine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup of club soda
- 1 cup of white grape juice
- Trim and thinly slice the strawberries.
- Slice and dice the apple into very small bits.
- Score the basil leaves with a fork. Simply just rub the basil leaves gently with a fork in order to release their flavor in the sangria.
- Layer the fruit, sugar and basil in a large pitcher and let sit for about 10 minutes. This is just to let the sugar absorb the juices from the basil and the fruit. You’ll see it turn a bit red.
- Add the club soda first and then the remaining liquids. Stir well and serve.