Nothing says spring like a refreshing drink! Cherry Limeade can definitely hit the spot!
Homemade Cherry Limeade
Sweet and Simple!!
- Simply limeade (Simply is a GREAT line of juices and are great in SO many drinks)
- Lemon-lime seltzer water
- Lime slices or wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- Crushed Ice
- Mix 1 part limeade to 2 parts seltzer water.
- Add grenadine to taste (about 1 tablespoon per pint of limeade).
- Add crushed ice.
- Garnish with lime and cherries.
Check out the Simply website here!
California Pizza Kitchen is DELICIOUS! At Quinnipiac, I had CPK for the first time and I had the Barbecue Chicken Pizza. Yum! Well since becoming gluten free, I haven’t been able to enjoy CPK. But thanks to the Food Network Kitchens, I can recreate the CPK deliciousness in my own kitchen! (with a little adaptation of course!)
Almost Famous Barbecue Chicken Pizza
CPK taste right in your own kitchen!
Adapted from Food Network.com
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Prepared gluten free pizza crust, at room temperature (Udi’s has a great pizza crust or use your favorite or make your own!)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free barbecue sauce
- 1 8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Daiya mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, for topping
- Position racks in the upper third and middle of the oven. Place an inverted baking sheet on the top rack and preheat the oven to the appropriate temperature according to your pizza crust.
- Mix 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. Bake on the middle oven rack until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cover the crust with with the remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Top with the chicken, mozzarella and red onion. Slide the pizza (on the parchment) onto a pizza peel or another inverted baking sheet, then slide onto the baking sheet; bake until the cheese melts and the crust is golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Oh breakfast! How yummy you are. I love that you can have cake for breakfast and coffee cake is one of the best!
Banana Breakfast Coffee Cake
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter or your favorite gluten free flour blend)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter or your favorite gluten free flour blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Coat a 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- For the topping, combine gluten free flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. You can use a food processor or save some water and just use your hands! You will get the same crumble texture and you don’t have to break out a dish. Stir in walnuts if you choose to use them.
- Set aside your topping mixture aside.
- For the cake, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter with a mixer at medium speed about 30 seconds or until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat 3 to 4 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla and bananas and beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing after each addition only until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes and then remove cake out of pan and cool on wire rack completely.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Luckily coffee cake isn’t JUST for breakfast! I could definitely have coffee cake after lunch or as a yummy dessert. Enjoy with a delicious cup of tea or coffee! YAY ENJOY!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.