Another tasty popcorn recipe! This coconut- almond recipe has some of the same ingredients as the Mexican Chocolate Popcorn Balls and is just as delicious! Coconut is one of my favorite flavors!
Coconut-Almond Popcorn Balls
Adapted from Food Network.com
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 cupconfectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- A pinch of salt
- 12 cups popped popcorn until coated
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Bring corn syrup, vegan butter, cup confectioners’ sugar, mini marshmallows and water to a boil in a large pot over medium heat, stirring.
- Add almond extract and a pinch of salt.
- Remove from the heat; using a rubber spatula.
- Stir in popcorn until coated.
- Butter your hands, then shape into balls
- Roll popcorn balls in toasted shredded coconut.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.