Banana pudding is a great snack for parties or any day really! This recipe reminded me of the delicious Banana Pudding from Magnolia Bakery and I have missed out on it since becoming gluten free and dairy free. Now I can make my own at home and you can too!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas
- 6 gluten free cinnamon graham crackers, broken into 1-inch pieces – such as Kinnikinnick S’moreables Graham Style Crackers
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (Hershey’s is great)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan over medium heat until almost simmering; remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch, salt, sugar and egg in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour about half of the hot milk mixture into the bowl and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking vigorously, until thick and starting to bubble, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the vanilla. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let cool, stirring occasionally. Cut the bananas into thin slices.
- Layer a few banana slices, a few pieces of graham cracker and 2 tablespoons of the prepared pudding in each of 4 glasses; sprinkle with cocoa powder and almonds, then repeat to make 2 more layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours or overnight.
Serve chilled and ENJOY!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.