I’m back! Its been a little crazy but I’m back and I’ve got goodies!! I have been on the hunt for gluten free Rice Krispies since I found out that they even existed and my mom and little brother FINALLY found them! So to celebrate of course I HAD to make Rice Krispie treats. Not just any old ordinary Rice Krispie treats, PEANUT BUTTER Rice Krispie treats!
Thanks Snap, Crackle and Pop!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Marshmallows and Peanut Butter! Hello delicious!
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Gluten Free Rice Krispies cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Add in Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Rice Krispie treats always taste best if served the same day. I’m sure with these, you’ll have no leftovers!
I cannot wait to make other delicious rice krispie goodies!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut, a Freelance Social Media Producer at NBC theGrio.com and a Intern Kitchen Writer at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.