Ok super quick post about Almond Flour. They make delicious brownies. I need to to by some almond flour so I can make these (and lots of other things)
Almond Flour Brownies
Almond meal, almond flour or ground almond is made from ground sweet almonds. Almond flour is usually made with blanched almonds (no skin), whereas almond meal can be made both with whole or blanched almonds. The consistency is more like corn meal than wheat flour. Almond meal has recently become important in baking items for those on low carbohydrate diets. It adds moistness and a rich nutty taste to baked goods. Items baked with almond meal tend to be calorie-dense. Lots of gluten free bakeries use almond flour in their brownies and cakes because it is gluten free and does give it a nice nutty taste.
(Makes 1 8 x 8 pan):
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules(optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 7oz semisweet or bittersweet baking chocolate, divided OR 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the almond flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt together 4 ounces of chocolate or a scant 1/2 cup chocolate chips with the vegan butter.
- White the chocolate is melting, beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and coffee granules if using.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate and butter into the egg/sugar mixture while whisking until fully incorporated. Don’t go too fast so that the raw eggs don’t cook upon contact.
- Pour the chocolate mixture in with the dry ingredients and mix completely.
- Pour the batter in an 8 x 8 pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate and gently press it into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean. Let these cool completely before cutting in. YOU NEED TO LET THE BROWNIES COOL COMPLETELY.
Ok. Almond flour! GO GET SOME! It’s good for you!🙂 YAY!