On National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (which is May 15th so mark your calendars!) I wanted to celebrate. Armed with my new found favorite King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie Mix, we (my boyfriend and I) set out to make cookies. Then I said, oooh we should make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie and Nick said “Sure, I think we can do that”. Nick is REALLY good at baking so he figured out the PERFECT amount of peanut butter to make these cookies just AMAZING! The perfect amount of peanut butter and the perfect amount of chocolate chips makes a very happy cookie! (and a very happy me!)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Box King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie mix
- 1 Egg
- 7 – 8 Tbls dairy free butter (Earth Balance is the best)
- ½ C smooth peanut butter
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 2 Tsp vanilla (gluten free of course)
- 1 Tbls water
- 1 Cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Cream together butter and egg as best you can
- Add King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie Mix
- Cream together butter and egg mixture with the dry as best you can.
- Add in water, vanilla, peanut butter, and brown sugar.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. (REMEMBER – they are small, it will only take 10 minutes. Do not over bake!)
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Enjoy off the rack or a la mode! (HELLO So Delicious Vanilla “ice cream”)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches with Steve’s Ice Cream in Cold Brewed Coffee Cinnamon!
Fresh on the Rack!
Warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies with a hint of peanut butter…oh yea! J These are one of my FAVORITE cookies now. If you have been searching for a great GF mix for cookies that is delicious, King Arthur’s Gluten Free mix is perfect for any mix in. Try adding your favorite mix-ins to this recipe. Sweetened shredded coconut? SURE! Nuts, go crazy!
Chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter 🙂 Delicious combination perfect for National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!
Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Bars
For the Cookie Base:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie mix
- Butter, pure vanilla extract and egg called for on cookie mix box (I use Earth Balance Vegan Butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I add more chocolate chips to the cookie mix for some extra chocolate but you do not have to)
For the Filling:
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
For the Caramel Layer:
- 1 bag caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
For the Topping:
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Make cookie dough as directed on box, using vegan butter, vanilla, egg, sugar and extra chocolate chips.
- In ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan, press dough evenly. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients except powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until well blended (filling will be thick).
- Press filling over cookie base.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and 2 tablespoons water uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes, stirring twice, until caramels are melted. Stir in peanuts.
- Spread evenly over filling. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until caramel layer is firm.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted.
- Spread evenly over caramel layer. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Store any leftovers covered at room temperature.
Chocolate chips cookies with a little twist and of course some GREEN GREEN GREEN!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour (Better Batter or Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (only if using Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz. pkg. Nestle mint chocolate chips
- 6 oz. pkg chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- green gel food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine butter, sugars, vanilla extract, mint extract and green gel food coloring; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs.
- Slowly add flour, mixing together. Stir in chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack completely.
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies! With a little mint extract and mint chocolate chips, these are sure to be a HIT! ENJOY!
Happy Leap Day!! While this may be just another day of the year of some people, others may be celebrating a birthday! (Happy birthday to all the Leap Day babies out there!) SO, in honor of Leap Day, a lot of stores have been advertising special sales and Subway has declared it Free Cookie Day. So, I thought I would post a crazy cookie recipe in honor of this once in four years day.
A to Z Everything but the Kitchen Sink Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nuts, chocolate, coconut, crunchy cereal and oats all rolled into one cookie! They’re chewy, crispy, crunchy and fabulous!
**NOTE: This recipe is for 5 dozen cookies so scale down (or up if you’re baking for a party, bake sale or a large crowd)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour (Better Batter is a wonderful flour)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free Cinnamon Chex cereal, crumbled
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups gluten free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice) – or omit the nuts if you are allergic
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease cookie sheets. Sift together gluten free flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together vegan butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in coconut milk and vanilla. Gradually mix in the sifted ingredients until well blended. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cornflakes, oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts (or other nut). Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Slightly under baking these yields wonderfully chewy cookies!
Make these Loaded Candy cookies by adding your favorite candy like Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and crumbled Homemade Oreos instead of the cereal and oats.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.