Popcorn is a great snack that is also a great canvas for flavors and textures. Thanks to Food Networks Pinterest page, I stumbled upon this Peanut Maple Popcorn recipe that I tweaked a just a little bit.
Peanut Maple Popcorn
This takes regular popcorn to another level. Movie night snacking gets a little bit sweeter with this tasty treat.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Real Maple Syrup – pure maple syrup (non of that fake stuff)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5 oz.) package natural microwave popcorn, popped (10 cups)
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Combine sugar and maple syrup in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Blend in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Place popped popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over popcorn, stirring until coated.
- Place popcorn in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Pour into your favorite bowl and ENJOY!
So pop in your favorite DVD, kick back and relax with this snack!🙂