Want a fun tangy drink for everyone to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out this lime slush!
Lucky Leprechaun Lime Slush
Sweet, tangy and non-alcoholic! Great for a St. Patrick’s Day party, or a day at the parade! It would go great in green tumblers!
- 1 quart lime sherbet , softened
- ½ cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans lemon-lime soda , chilled (Sprite, 7-Up etc…)
- 1 -2 cup crushed ice
In a blender, blend sherbet, limeade and sugar. Pour in soda and ice. Blend into smooth.
Pour into glasses. Garnish if desired.
“Wastin away again in margaritaville
Searching for my lost shaker of salt”
Happy National Margarita Day! This post will feature some delicious margaritas to enjoy on this day. It’s may be cold where you all but it’s always sunny in Margaritaville.
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/3 cup gold tequila
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- 2 large kiwis, peeled
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups small ice cubes
- Lime wedge for rim
- Sugar for rim
- Kiwis sliced for garnish
- Combine the sugar, tequila, triple sec, kiwis, and lime juice in a blender.
- Fill with ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Wet the rims of your margarita glasses with lime wedge and then dip rims in sugar.
- Pour blended margarita into glasses and garnish with kiwi slices.
Let’s have a margarita with a pop of raspberry! Raspberry is a great flavor that doesn’t seem to get used as often.
Sauza Raspberry Margarita
Enjoy the fruity, tangy flavor of raspberry in this summery margarita made with flowery white tequila and served on ice. Yea it’s not summer but who cares! Enjoy responsibly.
Original Recipe Yield 9 servings
- 9 ounces Sauza Silver Tequila
- 3 ounces Dekuyper Razzmatazz
- 24 ounces Margarita Mix
- Lime wedge for rim garnish
- Sugar for rim
- Combine the ingredients without ice and shake vigorously.
- Wet the rim with a lime wedge and dip rim of glass into sugar.
- Then just pour the mixture over ice in rimmed glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
The piña colada is a popular cocktail. Let’s turn those flavors on their head an make a coconut margarita.
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, plus 2 tablespoons for glasses (about 5 limes)
- 3/4 cup Coco Lopez or cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss coconut with the salt. Spread on sheet; toast in oven, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then crush with your hands until crumbly.
- Pour 2 tablespoons lime juice into a shallow dish. Place coconut mixture in another dish. Dip rims of two cocktail glasses in lime juice, then in coconut mixture, coating well.
- Combine remaining ingredients with 1 cup ice in a blender; puree until smooth. Divide evenly between prepared glasses, and serve immediately.
I hope you all enjoy your day margaritas in hand or without! You can also enjoy fantastic mocktails on this National Margarita Day. I have posted the link under related articles. Remember ALWAYS DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.
- Raise.Your.Glass! (21nogluten.wordpress.com)