A while back I was watching the cooking channel and while the name of the program I was watching escapes me, what stayed with me was the one chefs who made a quick chocolate cake in 30 seconds using a microwave and a cream whipper. Now while this was fascinating and the cake looked incredible, I don’t have a cream whipper. I wish I did (they’re great) but I don’t. So that got me thinking. How do you make a quick cake without a cream whipper? A little gluten free flour, an egg, some sugar, a little bit of flavor and a microwave.
Personal Almond Cake
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoon all natural almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small bowl beat the egg with sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the almond butter and pure vanilla extract.
- Thoroughly mix in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spray a ramekin dish, small bowl, or even your favorite coffee mug with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Pour the batter slowly into your dish of choice and microwave on high for 30 seconds. (Do not over microwave!)
- Take out of the microwave and let stand for 2 minutes.
You may have to make more than one because it’d going to be hard to share this little gem. 🙂