This is a Girl Scout favorite. When we went camping, we always made sure we brought the ingredients to make these. Grilling the ingredients for s’mores inside a banana!?! BRILLIANT! and of course delicious. I’ve tweaked the recipe a little bit to make it gluten free of course, but it will still give you that campfire s’mores taste that we all know and love.
Grilled Chocolate Banana Melts (Banana S’mores)
You’re gonna need a spoon for this one … that’s the only way to make sure you get every last delicious bite of chocolate and melted marshmallow. No grill? No problem! Just throw the foil wrapped banana straight on the center rack in a 400ºF oven for 5-6 minutes to get the same delicious result.
Ingredients (Makes 1)
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (you do not want a very ripe banana. You want a banana that is perfect for snacking and in this case, perfect for stuffing with goodness)
- 2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows (or more depending on your love of marshmallows (I always liked marshmallows)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons gluten free Honey Nut Chex, slightly crushed
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Slice banana lengthwise and slightly open. Place on a rectangle of aluminum foil.
- Pack marshmallows and chocolate chips into the sliced banana.
- Wrap banana up in foil and cook on the grill for 5-6 minutes.
- Unwrap banana and top with the slightly crushed chex. After the melt has slightly cooled eat with a spoon.
- REMEMBER: You can also cook these in the oven at 400ºF for 5-6 minutes.
All you need is some campfire songs and you’re ready to go!
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes, Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.