I’ve been craving toffee and chocolate – a wonderful combination. Especially the toffee from Azure Chocolat! (It is delicious and what I will be using for this recipe!) Check out my Azure Chocolat review! (Seriously if you are on Long Island GO HERE!) OK, let’s get to the recipe!
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 19.8 – 21 ounce package brownie mix (Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix)
- All ingredients called for to make the brownies
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces (Azure Chocolat toffee) or your favorite toffee
- 2 – 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee crystals
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting (Betty Crocker)
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur or coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup toffee pieces (Azure Chocolat toffee)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending the foil up and over the edges of the pan. Grease foil very well (Earth Balance Vegan Butter works well); set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, except stir the 1/2 cup toffee pieces and the espresso powder into batter. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove baked mixture from pan by lifting foil. Make sure your brownies are cooled COMPLETELY before you frost them – a cool brownie is a happy brownie! 🙂
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla frosting and liqueur.
- Spread frosting mixture onto cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup toffee pieces. Cut into bars.
- Serve with rice whipped cream and your favorite gluten free ice cream! (or non-dairy ice cream)
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.
Say what?!? These cupcakes just SCREAM St. Patrick’s Day – at least to me. They are like black-and-white cookies but cupcakes!! YUM!
Black-and-White Irish Cream Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk substitute
- 1 1/2 cups coconut or rice milk
- 1/2 or 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 recipe Irish Cream Ganache – In a small saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in liqueur until smooth. Cool about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 1/2 cup rice whipping cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur
- 1 recipe Irish Cream Icing – In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, liqueur, and vanilla.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Cupcakes:
- Allow vegan butter and egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and flour twenty-eight 2-1/2-inch muffin cups (or line with paper bake cups).
- In a medium bowl stir together gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, liqueur, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk substitute, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer 2-1/2 cups batter (about half) to a medium bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Fill each prepared muffin cup about two-thirds full, spooning chocolate batter into one side of cup and white batter into other side of cup.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on racks.
- Spread Irish Cream Ganache onto tops of cupcakes. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour (or chill in the refrigerator about 15 minutes) or until ganache is set. Spoon Irish Cream Icing onto centers of cupcakes. Let stand until icing sets.
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! 😀