Another wonderful recipe chock full of sticky, creamy, peanut butter goodness for this National Peanut Butter Day!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting
These oatmeal cookie bars are chewy and delicious. And for a peanut butter lover, they deliver. Peanut butter throughout. The frosting is especially addicting.
For the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup gluten free oatmeal
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×13 pan with wax paper.
- Cream vegan butter, peanut butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Beat in egg. Add gluten free flour, baking soda, and oatmeal and mix until well combined.
- Press into an ungreased 9×13 pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine the vegan butter, peanut butter, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- Whip until light and fluffy. Start by adding 2 tablespoons coconut milk and the powdered sugar.
- Whip until incorporated. Adjust by adding more milk or more sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
- Spread ALL over your completely cooled blondies.
It has been a WONDERFULLY sticky peanut butter day. Is your tongue stuck to the roof of your mouth yet? I hope not. Because if it is, how are you supposed to enjoy more peanut butter goodness?!? 🙂
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.
My blondies are a HIT! and on this National Peanut Butter Day, we are going to jazz it up for all you peanut butter lovers out there. Peanut Butter Cup Blondies for Peanut Butter Lovers! Once again, using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. (Seriously cannot get enough peanut butter chocolate goodness)
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose gluten freeflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted vegan butter, melted (Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 9 regular size Peanut Butter Cups (chop each peanut butter cup into 4 pieces) (6 will be mixed into batter and 3 will be pressed into the top of the blondies)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Sift together the gluten free flour, baking powder, kosher salt and baking soda.Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (a handheld mixer works fine) mix together the light brown sugar, melted unsalted vegan butter and pure vanilla extract.
- Add in 1 large egg and mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are almost combined. Take a spatula and fold the ingredients together.
- Chop up 6 regular size peanut butter cups into 4 pieces each. Throw the chopped peanut butter cups into the blondie batter and fold them in.
- Spread the batter evenly in the lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes at 350ºF. While the blondies are baking, chop up 3 more regular size peanut butter cups into 4 pieces each. During the last 5 minutes of baking, press the chopped up peanut butter cups into the blondies.
- Then continue baking the blondies for 5 more minutes, the baking time will total 25 minutes.
- Once the blondies are done baking, cool completely on a cooling rack and then cut into squares.
Your welcome. 🙂
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes, Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.
January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day! (thank you Twitter for letting me know) So on this day, I bring you a sweet and salty snack that uses Reese’s Peanut Butter cups (a favorite candy of mine – and still able to enjoy because it is gluten free)
Reese’s Peanut Butter Popcorn
This popcorn is a twist on the delicious caramel popcorn but this treat has a peanut butter honey coating instead of the caramel. Drizzled with chocolate and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups this treat is great for game time, snack time, party time or anytime!
- 8 cups plain popcorn
- Fine salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and gently stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until it’s all coated. Spread popcorn on a large baking sheet. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate and let sit until chocolate hardens. Stir in the Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
HOW EASY IS THAT! Peanut, chocolate and popcorn. Now that is a winning combination. You can also do this with mini Snickers. Any chocolate candy you choose to use is sure to be delicious! Enjoy your National Peanut Butter Day. (or almond butter if you’re allergic to peanut butter, I definitely do discriminate almond butter. It is DELICIOUS and nutritious.