Chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter :) Delicious combination perfect for National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!
Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Bars
For the Cookie Base:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie mix
- Butter, pure vanilla extract and egg called for on cookie mix box (I use Earth Balance Vegan Butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I add more chocolate chips to the cookie mix for some extra chocolate but you do not have to)
For the Filling:
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, softened (Earth Balance)
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
For the Caramel Layer:
- 1 bag caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
For the Topping:
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Make cookie dough as directed on box, using vegan butter, vanilla, egg, sugar and extra chocolate chips.
- In ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan, press dough evenly. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients except powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until well blended (filling will be thick).
- Press filling over cookie base.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and 2 tablespoons water uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes, stirring twice, until caramels are melted. Stir in peanuts.
- Spread evenly over filling. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until caramel layer is firm.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted.
- Spread evenly over caramel layer. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Store any leftovers covered at room temperature.
Popcorn is a great snack that is also a great canvas for flavors and textures. Thanks to Food Networks Pinterest page, I stumbled upon this Peanut Maple Popcorn recipe that I tweaked a just a little bit.
Peanut Maple Popcorn
This takes regular popcorn to another level. Movie night snacking gets a little bit sweeter with this tasty treat.
Adapted from Food Network.com
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Real Maple Syrup – pure maple syrup (non of that fake stuff)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5 oz.) package natural microwave popcorn, popped (10 cups)
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Combine sugar and maple syrup in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Blend in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Place popped popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over popcorn, stirring until coated.
- Place popcorn in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Pour into your favorite bowl and ENJOY!
So pop in your favorite DVD, kick back and relax with this snack! :)
FINALLY I a yummy cookie pizza recipe using gluten free rice chex!
Chex Cookie Pizza
Here is a sweet pizza treat that is fun to decorate and eat! You can use your favorite candy to decorate your pizza! Use different chocolates, nuts and miniature candy bars to make it just the way you like it!
- 4 cups Gluten Free Rice Chex cereal. (Rice, Cinnamon or Honey Nut or for a chocolate crust Chocolate Chex!)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup miniature gluten free semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped honey-roasted peanuts, if desired
- 1 or 2 rolls Fruit Roll-Ups chewy fruit snack (any red variety), unwrapped, torn into pieces
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin.
- In large bowl, mix sugars, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and egg. Stir in crushed cereal. Spread in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. (You want to watch the crust because if its overcooked it will be very crunchy!
- Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows to within 1 inch of edge. Bake 5 minutes longer or until marshmallows are light golden brown.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, peanuts and fruit snack pieces over marshmallows to look like pizza toppings. Cool completely on cooling rack. Cut into 16 wedges. Store tightly covered.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.
My blondies are a HIT! and on this National Peanut Butter Day, we are going to jazz it up for all you peanut butter lovers out there. Peanut Butter Cup Blondies for Peanut Butter Lovers! Once again, using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. (Seriously cannot get enough peanut butter chocolate goodness)
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose gluten freeflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted vegan butter, melted (Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 9 regular size Peanut Butter Cups (chop each peanut butter cup into 4 pieces) (6 will be mixed into batter and 3 will be pressed into the top of the blondies)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Sift together the gluten free flour, baking powder, kosher salt and baking soda.Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (a handheld mixer works fine) mix together the light brown sugar, melted unsalted vegan butter and pure vanilla extract.
- Add in 1 large egg and mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are almost combined. Take a spatula and fold the ingredients together.
- Chop up 6 regular size peanut butter cups into 4 pieces each. Throw the chopped peanut butter cups into the blondie batter and fold them in.
- Spread the batter evenly in the lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes at 350ºF. While the blondies are baking, chop up 3 more regular size peanut butter cups into 4 pieces each. During the last 5 minutes of baking, press the chopped up peanut butter cups into the blondies.
- Then continue baking the blondies for 5 more minutes, the baking time will total 25 minutes.
- Once the blondies are done baking, cool completely on a cooling rack and then cut into squares.
Your welcome. :)
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes, Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.