On National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (which is May 15th so mark your calendars!) I wanted to celebrate. Armed with my new found favorite King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie Mix, we (my boyfriend and I) set out to make cookies. Then I said, oooh we should make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie and Nick said “Sure, I think we can do that”. Nick is REALLY good at baking so he figured out the PERFECT amount of peanut butter to make these cookies just AMAZING! The perfect amount of peanut butter and the perfect amount of chocolate chips makes a very happy cookie! (and a very happy me!)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Box King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie mix
- 1 Egg
- 7 – 8 Tbls dairy free butter (Earth Balance is the best)
- ½ C smooth peanut butter
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 2 Tsp vanilla (gluten free of course)
- 1 Tbls water
- 1 Cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Cream together butter and egg as best you can
- Add King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie Mix
- Cream together butter and egg mixture with the dry as best you can.
- Add in water, vanilla, peanut butter, and brown sugar.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. (REMEMBER – they are small, it will only take 10 minutes. Do not over bake!)
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Enjoy off the rack or a la mode! (HELLO So Delicious Vanilla “ice cream”)
Warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies with a hint of peanut butter…oh yea! J These are one of my FAVORITE cookies now. If you have been searching for a great GF mix for cookies that is delicious, King Arthur’s Gluten Free mix is perfect for any mix in. Try adding your favorite mix-ins to this recipe. Sweetened shredded coconut? SURE! Nuts, go crazy!
- King Arthur Goes Gluten Free! (21nogluten.wordpress.com)