In honor of National Fudge Day, here is ANOTHER delicious fudge recipe!
Adapted from Food Network.com (Alton Brown recipe)
- 8 ounces unsalted vegan butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Combine the butter and peanut butter in a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. (Use caution when removing this mixture from the microwave, it will be very hot.)
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- The mixture will become hard to stir and lose its sheen.
- Spread into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Fold the excess parchment paper so it covers the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut, a Freelance Social Media Producer at NBC theGrio.com and a Intern Kitchen Writer at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.