California Pizza Kitchen is DELICIOUS! At Quinnipiac, I had CPK for the first time and I had the Barbecue Chicken Pizza. Yum! Well since becoming gluten free, I haven’t been able to enjoy CPK. But thanks to the Food Network Kitchens, I can recreate the CPK deliciousness in my own kitchen! (with a little adaptation of course!)
CPK taste right in your own kitchen!
Adapted from Food Network.com
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Prepared gluten free pizza crust, at room temperature (Udi’s has a great pizza crust or use your favorite or make your own!)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free barbecue sauce
- 1 8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Daiya mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, for topping
- Position racks in the upper third and middle of the oven. Place an inverted baking sheet on the top rack and preheat the oven to the appropriate temperature according to your pizza crust.
- Mix 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. Bake on the middle oven rack until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cover the crust with with the remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Top with the chicken, mozzarella and red onion. Slide the pizza (on the parchment) onto a pizza peel or another inverted baking sheet, then slide onto the baking sheet; bake until the cheese melts and the crust is golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.