Strawberry Basil Sangria
Hello Spring! A sangria is one of the best springtime/summertime drinks! The basil gives this drink that little extra something!
- ½ lb of fresh strawberries
- 1 apple (fuji is my favorite but you can use any of your favorite sweet apple)
- 1 ounce of fresh whole basil leaves
- 1 bottle of your favorite white wine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup of club soda
- 1 cup of white grape juice
- Trim and thinly slice the strawberries.
- Slice and dice the apple into very small bits.
- Score the basil leaves with a fork. Simply just rub the basil leaves gently with a fork in order to release their flavor in the sangria.
- Layer the fruit, sugar and basil in a large pitcher and let sit for about 10 minutes. This is just to let the sugar absorb the juices from the basil and the fruit. You’ll see it turn a bit red.
- Add the club soda first and then the remaining liquids. Stir well and serve.
It’s April 1st! Spring is in the air and it’s the perfect time for delicious drinks! (We’ll any time is a great time for delicious drinks – but spring yields some of the best fruits!) Watermelons, kiwis oooh so many yummy tastes!
Strawberry Watermelon Lime Frosty
This recipe is so simple!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon (in large diced cubes for easy blending)
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut water – add slowly as needed to get blender moving – add more if needed
- 1 banana
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar (or more to taste)
- Place all ingredients – except ice – in the blender
- Blend on high
- Add ice slowly
- Blend until you reach the desired consistency
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge
Kwegyirba Croffie is a freelance Associate Producer at News 12 Connecticut and a Special Events/Event Planning and Social Media Intern at College Lifestyles (TM). She is a Quinnipiac University alumni and a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. She enjoy cupcakes,Broadway musicals, Forever 21 ,giraffes, peacock feathers, orchids, lillies and anything Disney.